- 4th August 2021
MECS is accepting proposals for seven different studies focusing on different aspects of modern energy cooking services in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
The topics and country combinations are:
- Fuel stacking: to explore the drivers of fuel stacking practices and the barriers to a full transition to clean cooking in specific urban contexts of Indonesia, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines
- Repair and maintenance: to conduct research on repair and maintenance of cooking appliances in Indonesia, Cambodia, Myanmar, and the Philippines.
- Eating out, street foods, and informal markets: to conduct an in-depth and broad exploration of behaviour relating to the consumption of foods cooked outside of the home amongst people living in urban areas of Cambodia or Vietnam.
- SME Food Processing & Innovative Food Preparation: to conduct a modern eating-focused explorative market study of the food-processing market in Cambodia.
- Learning to cook: to conduct an in-depth and broad exploration of how people living in urban areas of Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, and Laos learn to cook.
- Cooking practices in displacement settings: to conduct data collection on cooking practices in two distinct displacement settings in Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia or Myanmar.
- Institutional cooking practices: to conduct data collection on institutional cooking practices in Cambodia, Laos, the Philippines, and Indonesia.
Please note the following important information:
- Follow the individual links for each specific ToR and make sure the proposal is labelled with the correct information. Incorrectly labelled proposals will not be accepted.
- The research is expected to commence no later than 1 October 2021. All contracting will be completed prior to 1 October. All deliverables must be completed and delivered no later than 15 January 2022. These dates are non-negotiable.
- Payment is contingent on successful completion of all deliverables.
- Each proposal must be applied for separately, we are not accepting proposals for multiple studies in a single application.
- The closing date for all proposals is 23:59 GMT on 24 August 2021. Proposals received after this timestamp will not be accepted.
- The quality of proposals received will determine which countries are chosen from those listed under each study.
Terms of reference: