- 1st August 2022
MECS is seeking a consultant/s to conduct an in-depth exploration of the implications of households cooking entirely with electricity, based on a small number of participants from the following countries: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
The consultant/s are required to use the cooking diary study protocol with a minimum of 10 households to address all of the following research questions;
- How much energy is required to cook entirely with electricity?
- How much traditional energy can be saved by transitioning to cooking entirely with electricity?
- What are the cost implications of transitioning to cooking entirely with electricity?
- How much energy is required to cook individual dishes using a range of electric cooking devices?
- Which dishes do people prefer to cook using different electric devices?
- What is the user experience of cooking entirely with electricity?
- What barriers prevent people from cooking entirely with electricity?
- What difficulties do people encounter when cooking entirely with electricity and how do they overcome these
Proposals should be received no later than by 23:59 GMT on 23 August 2022.
The full ToRs are available here: